Velux Window Specialists Brighton
Fluctuating property prices and the stress of moving means that more and more homeowners are now opting to stay put and extend their existing properties rather than facing the turmoil of selling up and moving home.
An increasingly popular way of extending an existing property is to move up into the attic area. Loft conversions are one of the most common renovation projects that homeowners choose to do. Obviously, you will need to consider the height of your attic space and the costs, but if it’s feasible, a loft conversion can add real value to your property. Sloping ceilings are an attractive and popular feature offering a warm, welcoming sanctuary from the rest of the house.
One of the best ways of utilising your loft space is by installing Velux windows into the roof system.
Velux windows can transform your home by creating a stunning new living space flooded with natural light. They can be used for any number of reasons:
- Master bedroom
- Guest accommodation
- Kid’s bedroom
- Art studio
Modern Velux windows offer a range of state-of-the-art features such as:
- Modular systems that are quick and easy to install.
- Special coating of film, resistant to rain watermarks that will keep your windows cleaner for longer.
- Automatic open and close functions with sensors that can detect when it’s raining and shut automatically.
- Durable, UV resistant panes that can withstand harsh weather conditions and absorb solar heat, helping to warm the house with natural heat.
- Airtight seals to prevent heat loss during the colder winter months.
- Easy to use modern centre-pivot opening, ideal for low positioned windows or loft areas with a lower ceiling, giving you a more panoramic view.
- Top control ventilation bar allowing fresh air to enter through a specially designed ventilation flap without compromising security or letting in water.
- Fitted blinds that open and close automatically using a remote control system.
- Precision-made flashings that provide a water and airtight seal between the window and roof.
- All Velux windows are supported by a 10 year guarantee.
- Domed or flat glass Velux roof lights that are specially designed for flat roofs. They are the ideal natural light solution for darker rooms with a flat roof such as a kitchen or an office.
Velux is a Trustmark scheme operator, the only government-endorsed scheme for tradesmen. Only members of this scheme can be certified to install Velux windows. Certified installers undergo stringent, on-site inspections to ensure that the quality of their work meets Velux standards and that the Trustmark code of practice is adhered to.
MB Roofing is a member of the Trustmark scheme. We have over 30 years experience in all aspects of roof repairs and replacements including the installation and maintenance of Velux windows and flashings.
Whether you are considering installing Velux windows in your loft space or you’d like to add them to your flat roof, contact MB Roofing today for helpful information and advice on all aspects of Velux installation and maintenance.